Our missionOur mission is to share the joy of motherhood, in partnership with support agencies, by recycling baby essentials.
St Kilda Mums aim to share the joy of motherhood and save the earth’s precious resources by joining with support agencies throughout Melbourne to meet the material needs of families with young children. We collect, sort and redistribute essential nursery equipment, clothing, books and toys to families in need.
That every baby has the same safe start to life.
Our Guiding Principles
• We will work with and support existing social services and maternal health workers;
• We will not duplicate the work of these existing social services but endeavour to add value to these services;
• We will not profit from the delivery of this service;
• We will ensure that the criteria for recipient eligibility is determined by social service agencies and not by St Kilda Mums;
• We will ensure that all goods donated are of a good quality, in working condition, and adhere to the appropriate Australian safety standards (ie. we would use the goods ourselves);
• We will work with partners and supporters who share our values and goals.