Our MissionOur mission is to share the joy of motherhood, in partnership with support agencies, by recycling baby essentials.
St Kilda Mums saves the earth’s precious resources by joining with support agencies throughout Melbourne to meet the material needs of families with young children. We collect, sort and redistribute essential nursery equipment, clothing, books and toys to families in need.
Our Vision is a future where we waste less, share more and care for every child.
For each other. For the earth. For ourselves.
We live and thrive in community who share and support each other
We are transparent in our work and strive for excellence in everything we do
Our Guiding Principles
• We will work with and support existing social services and maternal health workers;
• We will not duplicate the work of these existing social services but endeavour to add value to these services;
• We will ensure that the criteria for recipient eligibility is determined by social service agencies and not by St Kilda Mums;
• We will ensure that all goods donated are of a good quality, in working condition, and adhere to the appropriate Australian safety standards (ie. we would use the goods ourselves);
• We give everything as a gift with no expectation of return;
• We seek to save the earth's precious resources by rehoming, recycling, reusing and repurposing as much as possible;
• We will work with partners and supporters who share our values and goals.