VolunteerEvery small job that is done saves another item ending up in landfill and helps another family out.
We need your help with all sorts of tasks big and small:
- Repairing and safety checking prams, cots, highchairs, car restraints etc
- Cleaning and packing donations of bottles, nappies, and toys
- Accepting and sorting donations as they come in
- Meeting with social workers to help them choose the best items for their families
- Sorting donations and making up linen and clothing bags
- We also need help in the office with general administration tasks
Keen to help? Next step - email to book your induction. Inductions are at 11am during term time on these days;
For corporate volunteering please see this page.
St Kilda Mums is a member of Volunteering Victoria.
Please note: Some volunteers bring their children to St Kilda Mums’ premises. You are not required to have a working with childrens check as you won't be supervising anyone's children. But in the interests of creating a family-friendly environment, St Kilda Mums does not allow persons who are classified as a prohibited person under The Commission for Children and Young People Act 1998 to register as a volunteer. A prohibited person is a person convicted of a serious sex offence, the murder of a child or a child-related personal violence offence, as well as a Registrable person under the Child Protection (Offenders Registration) Act 2000. St Kilda Mums also reserves the right to ask volunteers to undertake a CrimCheck (criminal record check). Please do not apply if you are a prohibited person or if you will not agree to proceed with a CrimCheck or a working with childrens check if it is requested.