Show a mum you care this Mother's Day
While many of us will be planning a special Mother's Day this year, St Kilda Mums is encouraging everyone to show a mum in need that you care this May.
The 'Make a Mother's Day' campaign will provide everyday essentials for a mum experiencing hardship to show them you care. You will be helping a mum who might be at risk of homelessness, affected by violence, family breakdown, or living in poverty.
St Kilda Mums usually relies heavily on financial donations made at their Mother’s Day Lunch in May each year. This couldn’t go ahead last year and we haven’t been able to start planning the event this year due to the uncertainty.
So we need your help! There are a number of ways that you can get involved this year -
Make a financial donation here. A $50 donation will ensure St Kilda Mums can provide a mum with a toiletries pack this Mother’s Day.
- Make a donation in lieu of a Mother’s Day present for your own Mum or special person in your life by clicking here. We will email you a special certificate you can give them.
- Organise a get together with your friends and family and fundraise or collect donations on the day. Please express your interest here.
- Book an appointment and drop in a toiletry bag filled with new and unopened toiletries. Below is a list of instructions.
- Make up a toiletry bag of women’s toiletries. Choose a nice toiletry bag and fill it with everything you would need if you had nothing. Some ideas include toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, hair ties, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, tampons/pads, sunscreen, body and face moisturiser, cleanser, tissues, deodorant, band aids or a basic first aid kit (no razors, metals/sharps or medication please)
Take a photo of your gift pack and post it on social media using the hashtag #makeamothersday
- Post to St Kilda Mums at 14 Winterton Road, Clayton or make an appointment here to drop it in.
Mother's Day is Sunday 9 May. Please ensure your gift arrives by Saturday 1 May.